The 1st “Discards” from the Alboran Sea Competition aims to bring knowledge about products from this sea to cookery schools
The 1st “Discards” from the Alboran Sea Competition aims to share the little-known wealth of this sea, through the demonstration of recipes where these ingredients deservedly take centre stage. These recipes will also be respectful of the Mediterranean diet.
Those interested in taking part should be students of a hospitality and/or cookery school in any region bordering the Alboran Sea.
Projects must be submitted by 11th June inclusive. From the candidates, 6 finalists will be chosen and announced on 25th June. The final will take place on 16th September.
Programme for 16th September
- 08,30.: Introduction of the chefs at the Palacio de la Paz in Fuengirola (Calle Recinto Ferial, s/n, 29640 Fuengirola, Málaga) where the Competition will take place
- 08,45.: Drawing of positions and the finalists begin making their dishes
- 09,45.: Start of presentation of the dishes to the judging panel
- 13,30.: Announcement of the judging panel’s results
- Clara Molina Gómez “Textures of the Alboran Sea in oily fish consommé”
- Juan Antonio Ortega Madueño “Flavours of land and sea”
- José Iván Pérez Díaz “Citrus mackerel escabeche with orange caviar”
- Cristina Vargas Pérez “Marine green colour scheme”
- Iván Ramírez Caraballo “Chella”
- Silvia Huete Sánchez “Citrus marinated mackerel with ajo blanco and crispy garlic”
- Rafael García Navidad “Ravioli del mar y su caldillo”